Hey, everyone! Here are my show details and project updates for October 2012:
1) On Friday, October 12th from 5:00 – 8:00pm, I’ll be playing upright bass with polka band, KeyTunes, for Whole Foods Market’s annual Oktoberfest celebration! This will be our third year in a row playing this event, so I can attest to its awesomeness! Incredible German food and pastries, more than 25 different beers to sample, and live polka music – all for only $15! Come on out and polka with us!
2) On Sunday, October 28th from 1:00 – 2:30pm, I’ll be playing Chapman Stick® with StickCentric as part of theCreative City Project. We’ll be playing near the Downtown Orlando Farmer’s Market on the corner of E. Central Blvd. & N. Eola Dr. StickCentric is a collaborative effort from multi-instrumentalists Juan R. Leõn, Reed Hayes, and myself. Creating completely improvised and unrehearsed music in a live environment, the trio concentrates mainly on the unique string-tapping instrument, the Chapman Stick®. The Creative City Project is birthed out of the belief that artists can change a city for the better by making it a more beautiful, meaningful, and interesting place to live. It is a collective of artists, who seek to create shared experiences between artists and people who live, work, play in, and visit Orlando.
SUN., OCT. 28TH, 1:00-2:30pm
195 N. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801
(StickCentric will be located at the farmers market near the corner of E. Central Blvd. & N. Eola Dr.)
3) Looking ahead to November, on Saturday, November 3rd, I’ll be playing Chapman Stick® with StickCentric and playing bass, keys, and Stick® with Decoy Beat at the 12th Annual DeLand Original Music Festival. Stages and times TBA.
SAT., NOV. 3RD, TIMES TBA
105 W. Indiana Ave., Deland, FL 32720
(Main Gate: Corner of Woodland & Indiana Ave.)
Admission: $10 Advance / $15 Day of Show
Advance tickets can be purchased directly from me anytime before Nov. 3rd by emailing me HERE with the number of tickets you would like.
4) On Saturday, November 17th from 9:00pm – 1:00am, I’ll be playing bass, keys, and Stick® with Decoy Beat atWill’s Pub, along with special guests Sam Byck & the Tricky Dickies and Jarritt Sheel & BLU-TET. Come out for an eclectic evening of jazz, blues, neo-soul, funk, and fusion! Decoy Beat will be headlining this show, so we’re slated to start around 11:30pm (but you really DON’T want to miss my incredibly talented friends in the Tricky Dickies and BLU-TET!).
SAT., NOV. 17TH, 9:00PM-1:00AM
1042 N. Mills Ave., Orlando, FL 32803
5) My instrumental album, Acoustic Healing, is currently being mixed and mastered. I’ll send out a special newsletter soon with ordering information.
Until next time…
All the Best,